HEALTH BENEFITS OF BITTER FOOD: LET’S SEE WHY IT IS GOOD FOR HEALTH
Prefer to eat bitter foods such as bitter melon and papaya flowers. The reason is simple because it tastes bitter so it doesn’t taste good to eat. but do you know that actually bitter actually has many health benefits? When you eat too much unhealthy food, your body will feel tired, lethargic, and not fresh. In situations like this, eating vegetables with a bitter taste can help. Even though you might not like the taste of bitter food it has its own benefits. This is caused by various additional substances present in the food, such as preservatives or artificial sweeteners. These substances will fill the kidneys and liver. The liver is needed by the body to filter toxins. When the liver is too full, this can make the kidneys work too hard.
Bitter foods like bitter melon are said to break kidney stones. But that’s not all, this is just another benefit that is no less amazing. If you hear the name of Bitter Melon, surely what you have in mind is a bitter and unpleasant taste to eat. Most people are reluctant to eat bitter melon because of its taste. However, it turns out there are many benefits of bitter melon that are good for our body’s health. Bitter Pare (Momordica Charantia) is a type of plant that is a family member of cucumbers (Cucurbitaceae). Bitter bitter melon usually grows in tropical regions such as Indonesia. Therefore, Bitter Pare has several names in each region. In West Java the bitter melon is called Paria, while in Sumatra it is called prepare, and in Europe, it is called Bitter Mellon. The shape of the bitter melon is also very easy to recognize. This fruit has a skin surface of the monks and dark or bright green color depending on where the plant grows.
There are many bitter foods that are beneficial for health, but in this article, we will try to look at the benefits of bitter foods found in bitter melon because these bitter melons have more benefits compared to other bitter foods.
1. Treating Respiratory Disorders. Fresh bitter bitter melon is an excellent remedy for problems with breathing problems, such as asthma, coughs, colds, etc.
2. Treat Diabetes. The virtue of bitter melon is that it contains phytonutrients and polypeptides-P which function as insulin to reduce blood sugar levels in the body. In addition, these substances also form Charantin which is useful for increasing glucose absorption and glycogen synthesis in liver cells, muscles, and fat tissue. So that bitter melon is considered effective for reducing blood sugar levels for people with type 2 diabetes.
3. Protect Pregnancy. Bitter bitter melon has a very good Folate level, which is 72/100 grams (18% of the RDA). The content of Folate is very especially for pregnant women, especially in early pregnancy. The folate content in bitter bitter melon will help reduce the incidence of neural tube defects in babies.
4. As an Anti-Oxidant. Bitter bitter melon has a low calorie content, which is only 17 calories per 100 grams. Bitter bitter melon is also rich in fiber, minerals, and antioxidants which are important for health.
5. Reduce Constipation. Bitter bitter melon also stimulates peristalsis and digestion of food through usu until it is released from the body. This is very helpful and reduces digestive disorders and constipation problems.
6. Preventing Free Radicals. In addition to Folate, bitter melon also contains Vitamin C which is very much and useful as a natural anti-oxidant that is able to prevent free radicals that are harmful to human health.
7. Treating Acne. The benefits of bitter melon also help you in treating acne, dark spots, and skin infections. in addition, bitter melon is also useful for treating skin disorders caused by dirty blood, such as boils, scabies, itching, and ringworm. Anti-oxidants that are found in bitter bitter melon are also able to be useful as an anti-aging on facial skin.
8. Maintain the Immune System. Bitter bitter melon leaves are boiled in water and consumed every day, able to fight infection. In addition, it is useful to help maintain your body’s immune system immunity.
9. Maintain Healthy Kidney and Bladder. The nutritional content in bitter pare helps maintain healthy liver and kidneys. It is also able to cure kidney stones disease.
10. Heart Disease. Bitter bitter melon is very good for heart health. That is because the nutritional content contained in it can reduce levels of bad cholesterol that clog artery walls, thereby reducing the possibility of a heart attack. The benefits of bitter bitter melon are also able to maintain heart health, because they contain nutrients that can reduce blood sugar levels in the body.
11. Prevent Cancer. Bitter bitter melon regularly can prevent cancer cells from multiplying in your body.
12. Lose Weight. Anti-oxidants in large quantities contained in bitter melon can increase the metabolism and digestive system in the body, thus helping you lose weight. Some other factors that support weight loss are calorie control and replenishment of water in the body. Calorie control is caused by the low calories contained in bitter melon, while the filling component in this fruit is water, so it functions as natural supremacy of hunger.
13. Purify the Blood. The benefits of bitter melon in juice contain anti-microbial and anti-oxidants which help overcome skin problems, blood disorders, purify the blood, remove toxins in the blood, and increase blood circulation throughout the body.
14. Adding Energy. consuming bitter melon juice regularly and regularly can increase stamina and energy in your body, and improve sleep patterns for those of you with insomnia.
15. Eliminating Dandruff. In addition to consumption, bitter bitter melon can also be processed as dandruff removers. You simply mix bitter melon juice with cumin seeds, use regularly and dandruff will disappear within 1 month.
16. Shine Hair. Another bitter bitter benefit for hair health is that it helps make hair shiny. You simply apply to your hair a cup of bitter melon juice that has been mixed with you. Let stand a few minutes, then rinse with water, then your hair will look shinier.
17. Skin Infection. By consuming bitter melon juice regularly can help you in improving psoriasis and other fungal infections, such as eczema, ringworm, and athlete’s foot.
18. Anti-Aging. Other bitter bitter benefits for our skin are anti-aging. that is because bitter bitter melon contains a lot of Vitamin C which is an antioxidant in the body and is able to eliminate free radicals, thus preventing wrinkles and slowing down the aging process.
Those are some of the benefits of bitter foods that are useful for health. If you like this article, please like, share it with your friends and family!